Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences and More...

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Walking Dead is a graphic novel (comic) by Robert Kirkman, it’s about an apocalyptical world were the dead doesn’t stay dead, so they come back as zombies to kill anything that comes between their pass. The story circles around Rick Grimes, a former policeman, his family and the people they encounter among the way.



It was released by Image Comic in October of 2003, since then it has been published on a monthly rate; until this day 154 issues have been printed in a form of 6 episodes per volume.

I started following this comic on the year 2010 by coincidence; I’ve always liked the whole zombie subject, but until that year it was through movies or manga, in fact, on 2009 it was released in Japan I am a Hero and it was overwhelming, amazing, it left me speechless, so I began to look for other zombie like stories on the web and I found The Walking Dead, since then I’ve follow the comic everywhere.



So now my opinion and thoughts about The Walking Dead: Like I have said before, I love it, it is very well thought, written, and the art design is really good, after reading every chapter you end up imagining how you would have perform in the same situation.

Robert Kirkman and his team have really put time and effort on this story; it’s not easy to put yourself in that kind of situation, it must be very exhausting because we live in a society already established, with rules, laws, politics, technology and others; so just the idea of losing it, can make some people lose their minds as well.

 

On the other hand, it can be kind of reliving to put an end to everything and start from scratch, having to survive, see your true self, what are you really made of; but you cannot put aside that all your loved ones might or will die no matter what you do, so it’s not easy to want or prepare to anything like it.


This is just an introduction to The Walking Dead, later I will do a more complex post and also make one about the TV series. If you liked my post leave a comment.
By the way I wrote everything listening to Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica and others.




Luis Colmenares.

References:



6:53 PM   Posted by Unknown in , , , , with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share On

Twitter Facebook More Stumbleupon Favorites

Search